Saturday, January 1, 2011

The people spoke. Will you listen?

One of the hottest debates, not only the state as a whole, but my own town, is Proposition B. If you haven't heard, Prop B is "The Puppy Mill Bill". It makes breeders actually take care of their dogs, (Not saying some don't) and gives the dogs more "rights" I guess you could say. If that doesn't help, just Google it. That'd probably be easier than me explaining it :P. BUT! Don't believe everything you read. One of the biggest pet-peeves of mine that goes along with this bill is people saying it has to do with other animals, not just dogs. "It will leak into other industries" as some people put it around here. I mean really people? Really?!? Read the freakin bill. The laws we have now are almost useless. They aren't enforced, and that's a major problem. Maybe if they were enforced more, I wouldn't have supported this bill so much.  But the things included in the bill are almost common sense. It's sad that we have to write a bill making this all law. "The dog has to be able to stand and turn a complete circle in its cage." Really? That had to be made into a law? It's sad.

But what is even more sad is the fact that the bill is facing repeal. I knew from the minute it past (Really. The minute it past. I stayed up till like 2 watch the results) that  it would face a repeal. It past with 51.6%. As much as I supported this bill, I knew it wouldn't pass. I just knew it!  Everyone was talking about it. Not around me though. People around here know I never lose an argument. Especially with politics :P. But back to it not passing! EVERYONE was saying how it was going to "take away hunting". That's when I just said, "read the bill." I was tired of arguing. I knew I was right (Always am! ;) ) <- that looks weird :\ --Anyway! I argued with my teachers about it, I argued with my family about it, I argued with some of my closest friends about it. My best friend and I were yelling at each other at lunch one day about it. They got all their info from the teachers against it of course, but it was still fun to argue.

And that brings me to another thing! Besides Writer girl and myself, there was like no other student for it. We had to fight for what we thought, even if we were alone. A few teachers were for it, (thank goodness! I don't know what I would have done!) but that was basically it. This is a VERY big hunting community. EVERYONE hunts. Except me of course. I don't really believe in hunting. Yeah, yeah, yeah... "Over population." Sorry to break it to you people! Look at us humans. You think this Earth was meant to hold 6,890,900,959 people? I don't! So should we start hunting humans? Exactly. 


As a closing, I would just like to say thank you for actually taking the time to read this. Ignore the typos and grammar mistakes, for I typed this very quickly, displaying my anger on the keyboard. One last thing though. WE passed the bill. The people spoke. Will you listen? 
                           
-Paparazzo

No comments:

Post a Comment